At Second Use, we are passionate about making building salvage intuitive, accessible and fun for our clients and customers. At this time we have an opening on our Building Salvage Team. If you like taking things apart, have good knowledge about buildings, like to see things reused and enjoy working hard, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Building Salvage Team Member work will likely include:
– Extracting and transporting re-usable building materials from job sites to our SODO retail store
– Loading/unloading and handling heavy and delicate materials, maintaining them in marketable condition
– Maintaining safe conditions on job sites and during transport
– Maintaining clear, professional communication with clients and fellow team members
– Providing excellent customer service to further our mission of materials reuse
– As needed providing crew leadership
– Working with the team to continually learn and improve
– Assisting in other parts of the business (customer service, warehouse) as needed
An ideal candidate will have these qualifications:
– Able to lift 75+ lbs. frequently
– Must be a self-motivated and reliable worker
– Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
– Natural innovator, always looking for more efficient ways of doing things.
– Experience in the building industry, and broad knowledge of building systems and materials
– Must be a hard worker willing to put in a full 10 hour day at 100%. (Full time team members typically work four ten-hour days per week.)
– Experience driving trucks – clean driving record (no CDL necessary)
– Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets)
The following qualifications would be a plus:
– Salvage experience
– Experience driving a forklift
– Leadership/management experience
About Second Use
Second Use is a community focused business dedicated to diverting reusable building materials from the landfill and selling them to the public at an affordable cost through our retail outlet.
In other words, we go into houses and commercial spaces slated for remodel or demolition and harvest the good stuff (doors, cabinets, windows, appliances, flooring, hardware) to prevent it from going to waste. We haul it back to our retail store (located in SODO) and sell it to the public for a fraction of the cost they would buy new.
Our staff shares a motivation to battle waste, an interest in old stuff, a strong work ethic, and general sense of humor.
We work (4) 10 hour days, which for the wrong candidate may prove to be exhausting, but in our eyes, affords us eternal 3-day weekends.
-Paid time off
-Quarterly store credit dividends
If interested, please send a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position, along with a resume showing your qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org