We are beyond flattered to accept Seattle Business Magazine’s Community Impact Award for Social Entrepreneurship! Awarded to the company that has built the most innovative and/or effective business model for building and strengthening the community, we were selected for our support of Habitat for Humanity, workshop series with Mighty House Construction, tri-annual Handmade Markets, biannual Paint Drive, and commitment to share our space with likeminded organizations including the NW Eco Building Guild, NBIS, and Backyard Barter.
We thank you for your support, involvement, and motivation to keep on going. In 2015 alone, we have:
- Diverted 3,000 tons of waste from the landfill
- Saved the equivalent of 400,000 gallons of gas and 3,000 tons of CO2 pollution through reducing manufacturing demands
- Donated over $200,000 to Habitat for Humanity
- Surpassed the $2 Million mark in total donations to Habitat for Humanity since 1997
- Provided over 100 artists the opportunity to sell their work at their markets with no percentage of sales taken
- Collected over 1,000 cans of reusable paint from the community and redistributed it to low income families, neighborhood clean up programs, schools, community centers, and artists in want of paint
- Provided a day of free food and entertainment to over 1,000 guests at Fall Festival
- Showcased the work of 25 local artists at our Art and Design Competition
- Taught over 200 people new skills through free workshops
- Extended their space to various nonprofits at no charge including the Northwest Eco Building Guild and Backyard Barter
- Been recognized as a finalist in the 2015 Sustainability Awards
We look forward to finishing off 2015 with the same momentum and seeing what 2016 holds!