Update 05/02/16: This position has been filled at this time but we are always accepting resumes and cover letters at: [email protected]
Second Use Building Materials, Seattle’s largest architectural salvage yard, is seeking a full time staff member to work with our yard crew.
Second Use is a community focused business dedicated to diverting reusable building materials from the landfill and selling them to the public at an affordable cost through our retail outlet.
In other words, we go into houses and commercial spaces slated for remodel or demolition and harvest the good stuff (doors, cabinets, windows, appliances, flooring, hardware) to prevent it from going to waste. We haul it back to our retail store (located in SODO) and sell it to the public for a fraction of the cost they would buy new.
Our staff shares a motivation to battle waste, an interest in old stuff, a strong work ethic, and general sense of humor.
We work (4) 10 hour days, which for the wrong candidate may prove to be exhausting, but in our eyes, affords us eternal 3-day weekends.
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Quarterly store credit dividends
Yard Crew Description:
- Provide great customer service to our diverse customer base (bargain hunters, DIY’ers, designers and builders)
- Loading building materials into our customers’ vehicles
- Working with your team to restock the store throughout the day
- Potential for learning and advancement
- Working within a team and independently
- Maintaining a safe and organized work environment
- Weekend work and 4 ten hour days
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Clean driving record
- Must be a self-motivated and reliable worker
- Enthusiasm for a safe work environment
- Must be a hard worker willing to put in a full 10 hour day at 100%
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs all day long
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience moving heavy materials
- Experience working in the building trades
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]