Architectural Salvage Yard Seeks Salvage Team Member for Seattle Location
Compensation: $16-18 DOE w/ benefits
Employment Type: full-time
Location: 3223 6th Ave S (Seattle)
-Paid time off
-Quarterly store credit dividends
Second Use is looking for a salvage services crew member with potential to grow into a lead position. This position focuses on active salvage of building materials in homes and other buildings. Job candidates should have background in building salvage and/or construction as well as excellent communication skills and aptitude for positive team participation.
Salvage Crew Description
– Provide friendly and professional customer service to our suppliers (homeowners, contractors, developers)
– With other team members, use specialized tools and techniques to safely uninstall reusable items from homes, schools and other buildings
– Load and secure building materials in our trucks for transport
– Drive trucks between job sites and store
– Unload materials at our store and assist with processing
– Maintain tools, safety, supplies and job documentation
– In the case of a crew lead, provide leadership and support of salvage crew on a project by project basis, ensuring safety, facilitating communication with the client, prioritizing and sequencing work to achieve client satisfaction and project profitability
– Typically work four, ten-hour days in a week. Some weekend work may be required.
– Crossover work in other parts of the business, such as receiving, warehouse and customer service, to help with overall business needs.
An ideal candidate will have these qualifications:
– Self-motivated and reliable worker
– Enthusiasm for a safe work environment
– Willing to put in a full 10 hour day at 100%
– Able/willing to safely lift 75 lbs and move heavy materials all day long
– Experience with building salvage
– Experience with construction tools and trades
– Experience managing projects
– Experience with positive team leadership
– Clean driving record and experience driving trucks
– Knowledge of building materials
If you are interested in joining the Second Use team, please send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position, along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.