Second Use invites you to apply to be a vendor at our 6th Annual Handmade & Homegrown Market!
This free, all ages, indoor-outdoor market features the work of local artists, craftsmen, and plant vendors of all varieties. It’s the perfect opportunity for the public to stock up on the supplies they need to get their garden growing, snag a one-of-a-kind Mother’s Day gift, or finally make it down to our expansive, treasure-filled store.
Food, drink, and a storewide sale will accompany the event. We thank you for spreading the word to your friends, family, and followers!
UPDATE: We are aware that the public health situation with regards to Covid-19 may interrupt or change this event. We will update this post with any further decisions, and will refund application fees if we cancel.
DATE: Saturday, April 25th at Second Use in SODO
TIME: 10am – 4:00pm
DEADLINE: The application deadline is March 20th. Vendors will be notified of their acceptance status within 7 days of the deadline.
JURYING: The show will be juried for the benefit of both the makers and shoppers. It is our goal to offer a diverse mix of quality goods. This market features both plants and home and garden related handmade items. We welcome all types of plants- native plants, vegetable starts, flowering plants, indoor plants, succulents, and seeds have all been sold with great success in previous markets. As far as handmade goods, yard art, woodcrafts, products made from natural ingredients, floral items, and potential Mother’s Day gifts do well.
APPLICATION FEE: Due to the huge number of applications we have received in previous events, there is a non-refundable $5 processing fee for all applicants.
BOOTH FEES ARE DUE UPON ACCEPTANCE. SAMPLE FEES:
- $75 Indoor 7″ (W) x 8″ (L) Booth
- $45 Indoor Table Only
- $85 Indoor Corner Booths
- $85 Outdoor 10×10 Booth (Tent not provided)
ELECTRICITY: There will not be electricity available at any of our booths.
PAYMENT POLICIES: Vendors that are selected to participate in the market will have one week to complete their payment through our online store. Specialty booths and rentals can be purchased at this time on a limited, first-come, first-served basis. Acceptance to the market does not guarantee the availability of your preferred booth. Curation of the market is up to the sole discretion of the market coordinators. Payment with check or cash will incur a $10 handling fee.
- Vendors are required to arrive a minimum of one hour before the event and stay for the duration of the event
- Vendors that do not sign in by 9:00 am will forfeit their booth
- Second Use encourages the use of salvaged materials but does not tolerate the sale of competing goods. For example, earrings made from chandelier crystals are acceptable; single chandelier crystals are not.
- Websites will not be viewed for the jurying process; it is therefore imperative that all required content is uploaded to this form.
- Vendors are responsible for handling all cash and card transactions. BYO cash box and card reader. Wifi is limited; it is encouraged to bring a LTE device for card reading.